Some cool stats facts:
- Individuals who wrote their goals and sent progress reports to friends were 77% more likely to achieve them.
- University of Calgary found that the size of a buffer a person kept in checking or savings accounts was more strongly associated with life satisfaction than either income or spending.
- A 2010 LexisNexis Survey of 1,700 white collar workers in the U.S., China, South Africa, the U.K. and Australia revealed that on average employees spend more than half their workdays receiving and managing information rather than using it to do their jobs
- The more debt people have the more likely they are to suffer from mental disorders (Jenkins et al 2008).
What does this mean?
- Write your goals down and keep them on you.
- Learn how to save.
- Use block time to get work done. Book time to work. Check messages at the end of the day.
- Learn good debt verses bad. Investing in your house good, increasing credit card debt for the new fashion trend bad.
Please forward to co-workers.
Learn real strategies in our book of how to improve your life….one step at a time….
Comment on Are You Ready? Stop Wishing It Is Friday.
What a great book! I can’t remember the last time I read a whole book in a day. I usually shy away from self help topics ( they make me feel too flawed) but this book was written in such a way it kept my interest, allowed me to identify with some of Alex’s but also see that I am doing some things right.